Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hoover Savvy

This week I picked up my vacuum cleaner from the repair shop again. This is the sixth time it's been repaired under warranty since I bought it 10 months ago. When I first bought it, I read the owners manual. It said that replacing belts was unnecessary: the belts are long-lasting (2-3 years) and must be replaced only by authorized repairmen. They're not cheap either (if you're paying for them). Well, this is the second new belt in ten months. Two belts in ten months? Or a new belt once every few years? Hmmm, I think there's a clash on how to reckon time here. You think it's my fault because I was taught the New Math back in my elementary school days?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like there is a problem in the mechanism making your belts wear out quickly. I'm glad you got the warranty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having trouible finding filters for mine. Seems that Dirt Devil makes a different filter for each style of vacuum. Whose brillant idea was that one. Seems I either have to drive almost 2 hours to get them and spend a pile of money or beg the company to send them to me because it is cheaper that way.

    ReplyDelete