Friday, June 01, 2007

Back Door

Oh, I'm so proud of the guys!

When we needed a new back door, the one purchased was chintzy and it was installed wrong. Within a year, it was rotting. We finally gave up and decided we should just replace it ourselves. Neither Gary nor I had a clue as to what to do. But he figured he couldn't do any worse than the way the previous door was installed.

He bought a door, read the instructions carefully, and worked today to replace the storm door. It sits square in the door frame, which is a lovely change of pace. Not only that, but Gary had Andrew help him do the work. Personally, whenever I'm trying to figure out something I'm unfamiliar with, I get very edgy trying to let the kids help. But the two guys did it! Hooray!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm--we have a couple of doors that need replacing. Do they work cheap? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture Susan. Hooray for you that one annoyance is over. Hooray for Gary for conquering and dividing. I love a job finally done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GREAT picture!

    Congrats on the new door.

    ReplyDelete