Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Phone Messages

So many people today have complicated telephones with all sorts of technology embedded in them. When I call Kathy, she answers the phone with "Hi, Susan" and I'm still not used to that. But, hey, caller-ID....

What gets me is when people leave a message on the answering machine and forget to leave the number. I guess they figure you can just hit the "reply" button. But some of us out in the boonies can't even "star-69" somebody. When they don't leave a call-back number, I feel like a heel ignoring their call (especially when it's a desperate homeschooler needing help). But if you don't have a last name and you don't have a phone number, there isn't much way you can contact the person.

So all you people with cell phones, have pity on us folks with the old-fashioned rotary-dial land-lines. Tell us your phone number when you leave a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment